CST 363 - Introduction to Database - Week 8

 


Briefly summarize what you consider to be the three (3) most important things you learned in this course. 


  1. One of the most important things that I learned in this class was how to use MySQL. Prior to this class I had some knowledge about SQL but this class helped me understand and write more complicated queries such as joining tables, creating view tables and more. With all these new knowledge I think it will be easier for me when I enter the workforce because I will have one more tool under my belt. 
  2. The second most important thing that I learned in this class was how to use new software tools like MySQL workbench, MongoDB Compass and Mongo shell. Prior to this class I took a simple SQL online class where they had SQL integrated in the website so there was not need for me to download and install the software. Now I know how to use MySQL workbench to write queries, create databases, create tables, design databases and create ER diagrams. 
  3. The third most important thing that I learned was understanding how databases and SQL works. The lab assignments where we had to write some Java code and pass JUnit Tests were very challenging, but rewarding. I think those labs helped us have a better understanding of how a database works under the hood. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CST 300 - Major ProSeminar - Week 1

CST 300 - Major ProSeminar - Week 2

CST 300 - Major ProSeminar - Week 4