CST 363 - Introduction to Database - Week 4

 




1. Briefly summarize 5 things what you have learned in the course so far.
  • MySQL Workbench - I have learned how to use MySQL workbench and I think this tool is going to be beneficial in my future career. 
  • SQL - I have learned how to write complicated queries in SQL. I think the fundamentals of SQL are easy to learn but it gets complicated once you start writing queries where you have to join multiple tables. 
  • Database Fundamentals - Learning how a database works using Java is also beneficial for us as students. I think the Java labs are challenging but it helps us learn more about databases. 
  • ER Diagrams - I have learned how to read ER diagrams. Sometimes ER diagrams get so complicated, but I think I have learned the fundamentals to be able to read simple ER diagram. 
  • Relational Data - I have learned the importance of relational databases. Understanding many tables full of data can be challenging, this is where relational databases play a critical role in managing a big amount of data. 
2. List at least 3 questions you still have about databases.
  • First question - Is NoSQL better than SQL? This is because SQL gets really complicated once you are retrieving data from multiple tables. 
  • Second question - How do I choose the right database management system for future applications?
  • Third question - What are the best practices for optimizing database performance?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CST 300 - Major ProSeminar - Week 1

CST 300 - Major ProSeminar - Week 2

CST 300 - Major ProSeminar - Week 4